Our excellent school lunches are provided by Commercial Services, a department of Surrey County Council. We achieved the 'Healthy Schools Plus' Enhanced Status in 2014 and maintain a high standard in promoting foods that contribute towards a 'healthy' lunch.. For children who bring in a packed lunch, we encourage a filled sandwich or roll, a selection of raw vegetables/salad, a selection of fresh dried fruit and yoghurt, and a fruit juice carton or water.
We are a nut-free zone - no nut products are allowed in the school.
From September 2014 Free Schools Meals (FSM) will be available in state-funded schools for every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. There will therefore be a choice of lunch available for your child:
1. A freshly cooked hot meal including pudding (salad is also always available from the salad trolley)
2. A freshly made sandwich with salad and a pudding. There will be one sandwich filling per day:
Monday - tuna and sweetcorn
Tuesday - cheese and tomato
Wednesday - cold meat
Thursday - special eg. salmon/chicken fajitas
Friday - Cheese and cucumber
3. Child's own packed lunch
Your child’s lunch choice must be for a whole week (ie. hot lunches or sandwiches or packed lunch all week) and any changes must be submitted on the Change of Lunch request form that will be available from the office or on the noticeboard in the library A WEEK IN ADVANCE.
Although meals will be provided free, it may still be beneficial to you (if you meet the criteria) to apply for the FSM entitlement. For every child in receipt of this entitlement, the school receives an extra £1300 in funding, and this money is used to support that child with access to free school trips, Forest Schools, swimming sessions, after-school clubs, theatre visits and other learning opportunities.
To qualify for FSM Entitlement parents/guardians must be in receipt of either:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that their annual income is less than £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC) and they are not in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
The application process is quick and is kept strictly confidential. Please speak to the office if you require further information.