Home School Link Worker
The Cranfold Conferation, to which Ewhurst CE Infant School belongs, manages a Home School Link Worker, Chris Albrecht, who visits the school once a week.
The role of the HSLW is:
- to offer support to pupils, parents and families on a wide variety of issues
- to help improve attendance and punctuality
- to promote positive behaviour
Chris can provide one-to-one support and advice, therapeutic sessions for children and families, signposts to other agencies and also support groups for parents and carers.
Who can the HSLW help?
- Children who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child's behaviour
- Parents/carers whose children are not attending school or who have been excluded
- Children and parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues, such as parental separation, bereavement, illness or domestic violence.
- Parents/carers who would like help and advice with filling in forms eg. school admissions, free school meals, special educational needs, housing, benefits etc.
Please contact Chris on the email address below: